Friday, August 15, 2008
CPR & First Aid
Today I had to renew my CPR certification and I found a great website that allows you to do it online at www.icpri.com. When I finished...and got 100% on my test...I realized just how grateful I am to know these important life saving skills. Although I have never had to use them, and hope I never do, I am glad to be prepared. This is an every two year thing for Jon and I since we are health care professionals but this year the infant/child section really struck home with me. I hope I am never in the situation to have to perform CPR or the heimlich maneuver on Lilly but if I had to I know I could do it. ANyway, what I am getting at is that I think that everyone should take a CPR class and get certified. It is only 19.95 on that website which is a great deal. I was telling Jon that I think in the future when we decide to finally leave Lilly with a babysitter I want our sitter to take this class online and I will pay for it...just for the peace of mind it would give me. So that's my soapbox for the day, thanks for letting me vent. Jon thinks I am crazy for posting this...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hey Cassie!
Thanks for the website. I was actually looking for an easier way to renew my CPR for work. It is a little hard to sit in a 4 hour class when you have to feed your baby :) I am sure I will feel the same way about the infant/child section. I remember babysitting and always telling the parents I was CPR and First Aid certified. For some reason I was proud of that as a teenager. It's a good thing to know!
Question...did you do the general CPR renewal or the healthcare one?
Post a Comment