Monday, July 27, 2009

23 weeks and counting...

Just thought I would update about the pregnancy. Everything so far has gone very smoothly. I got sick earlier with this pregnancy but it went away sooner as well, I started feeling him move way earlier (16 weeks) and he seems to be much stronger than Lilly was. I am having more trouble sleeping than I did with Lil, he really seems to like to keep me awake with all his moving around at night. We worked hard this weekend and almost finished painting his room. I love the way it turned out. I begged Jon to move the crib in there so that Lilly could have more room to play in her room. I have ordered bedding for his crib but its on back order until Sept. so we will wait patiently for that and then hope it matches the paint. I am getting super excited for this little man's arrival and with it the cooler weather and holidays. Jon told me that he told one of his co-workers the name we have chosen for our little boy, so it won't be long before he allows me to put it on the blog...I hope. Lilly is starting to get the concept of "little brother". I am trying to soak up as much of my Lilly and Me time as I can knowing that it won't be long before my time will be divided. I no longer wonder "how can I love another child as much as Lilly" I feel like I have already started to bond with baby brother and feel that love growing along with my belly. So for now it's smooth sailing, a few more HOT months and he will be in our arms.
Lilly "breaking-in" the babies papasan chair














Lilly "helping" paint

Baby Brother's New Room

3 comments:

Tirsa Baker said...

I love those stripes! We had to paint over Keith's when we moved so now I feel like his new room is plain. Good job Cassie!

Whitney and Family said...

Wow-his room looks amazing! I was the same way with my second pregnancy-sick earlier, but it left earlier, and also felt him movie much sooner. Do you think it's a boy thing, or a second pregnancy thing? I can't wait to hear the name!!!

The Hague Family said...

Thanks for the compliments on the paint. We will show more pics as the room comes along. Still needs drapes, shelves, a dresser and some lamps.