Thursday, September 17, 2009

"The Rock"

After 3 weeks of "natural" labor Barrett's twin brother came into this world at about 3:00pm on 9/17/09. We have decided to name him Rock. Not sure of his weight we measured him up against the end of a pencil. He's about the circumfirence of a pencil erasure.

Ok, all joking aside...I knew this pregnancy was going to have some hiccups along the way because I just don't have smooth pregnanies. So about three or more weeks ago I began noticing some "twinges" in my right side, a pain I am familiar with since I have been dealing with Kidney Stones for about 10 years now. The pain would come and go, I would have good days, and bad days, but I just kept chugging the water hoping it would pass. Two weeks ago while at my doctors appointment they did urine cultures and thought that I had a UTI although my sneaking suspician was still a kidney stone. I went on a course of antibiotics for the past week and finished those today. Unfortunately I was having increased pain over the past two days. Feeling like I couldn't leave my house because I always had the urge to pee (sorry if this is all too much information for some of you). Last night I was up about 8 times and feeling aweful. Lilly woke this morning with a slight fever so I had to attend to her as well. Made us both doctors appointments for today and then called my mom crying. Lilly has a sinus infection and will be on antibiotics for a few days. Ten minutes before my appointment I had to run to the bathroom and wouldn't ya know it The Rock was born. Seriously, I might have my babies through C-Section but let me tell you...I know pain. I ran downstairs to share the joyous news with Jon and he immediately went for the camera. You just have to document these life changing moments. We are even thinking about sending announcements out. Ha Ha, well anyway, I am feeling much better and I think some Cold Stone Creamery is in the works for tonight...I wanna celebrate!!!


Here are the pics of our Rock:

4 comments:

Jason and Kate said...

Ouch! Sorry that you have those. I can only imagine the pain. They should make epidurals for that kind of stuff. :)

Whitney and Family said...

Holy Crapola!!! THAT STINKS!! Congratulations on the passing, however!!

Aubry said...

Ugh. Not fun! Sorry you had to deal with that. Hopefully there will be no more of those during the pregnancy.

Steffie said...

OUCH!!! I have heard those are miserable! Good thing the next "passing" of anything will be much more exciting!!