He's almost here, almost done cookin' in there. I am trying to "enjoy" these last days of feeling little Barrett inside...there is nothing like it and it's probably the only thing I will miss about being pregnant. I just can't wait to see his little face, what will he look like (his daddy probably) but will he have curly or straight hair, brown or green eyes. I can't wait to hear his cry and know that we got him here safe and sound. Can't wait to look into his eyes for the first time and fall head over heels in love again. Can't wait to bring him into our home and show his big sister what mommy and daddy got her...a baby brother of her very own.
And then it will be onto all the stuff that I'm not sure I'm ready for. The sleepless nights, dealing with jealousy, healing and juggling it all. But these are the sacrafices you make to be a mother and rather than be negative about them I am going to try and be positive. We will get through it and try and enjoy it because they just grow up so darn fast.
So little Barrett, you finish cooking in there, and get big and strong, sorry in advance for how much your big sister is going to bug you but you can pay her back later, and I love you, I love you, I love you...see you soon! Love , mommy
1 comment:
Oh, so cute! I think the newborn stage is so weird: I love nothing more than meeting my new one, snuggling, smelling, kissing, and just all around loving, but I REALLY can't stand the sleepless nights, total chaos it bring to the whole household, and the completely overwhelming feeling of having my time split with yet another dependent and needy being. I do have to say, though, that number two was MUCH easier than number one. I mean, you're already doing the mom thing, so what's another one!? Whatever the outcome, it's all worth it!! Good luck!!!!!
Post a Comment