Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Mommy's "Helper"

So six weeks into having a baby brother and Lilly has got the hang of it. She is so attentive to all Barrett's needs. Whenever he is upset she either says shh-shh and pats him or says "it's OK Bubba". She loves covering him up with blankets- we are working on not covering his face. She loves to give him kisses, tickle his toes and hold his hands. Now that Bubba is smiling a little more she loves to say "Hi Bubba" and get a reaction from him. I actually think he gives her the biggest smiles. I sure hope this continues and she and Barrett will always be close. She is turning out to be a great big sister.

1 comment:

Whitney and Family said...

We have video EXACTLY like this from almost three years ago. Crazy how fast it goes and how now I look back and think Emrie was such a baby when Keaton was born, even though she seemed so old and grown up. I love it. They were best friends then, and they still are today. I have a feeling, much like Emrie, that Lilly will always enjoy being the BIG sister!