Friday, January 29, 2010

Thankful

Most of you know the ordeal that our sweet niece Jordyn is going through. Three weeks ago she and her family recieved the surprising news that she has Stage II Hodgkins Lymphoma. When we got the call I remember feeling like I had just had the wind knocked out of me. Things like this just aren't supposed to happen to kids, right?! Needless to say we have had some sleepless nights around here, not because of sweet baby Barrett (he's actually sleeping very well) but with all the "thinking and praying" we are doing for Jordyn. Each night while I rock Barrett to sleep I can't help but count my blessings. I am so grateful for two beautiful and healthy babies. I am grateful for my health and my husband's health. I am grateful for everyday that I have with them. I am thankful for all of my family and for everyday that I get to talk to them, laugh with them and share my life with them. I am thankful for the Temple and the sealing powers we have on this earth. I am so thankful for MY eternal family. I know that our trials are meant to make us learn and grow closer to our Heavenly Father. I have hope for our family and for Jordyn that through this trial we will all learn and grow and understand more of what our purpose on this earth is. For me right now my purpose is to raise these two little munchkins into the best big people they can be, I am grateful for this opportunity. I could ramble on and on...just some of what I am thinking as I hold my precious little baby and rock him to sleep these days.

Quick update on Jordyn: She is doing well, in better spirits than before, made it through her first round of chemo just fine and starts the second batch today. After that they will do two treatments of radiation and then re-evaluate. She gets to do most of this on an outpatient basis so that helps a lot too. Thank you all for your concern and your prayers...keep them coming :)

1 comment:

Whitney and Family said...

Holy cow-I don't know who Jordyn is, but I'll pray for her too! How old is she? I'm so sorry-I think a sick and suffering child must be one of the most difficult of challenges we are required to face on earth. Thanks for your reminders to be thankful and hold on to our precious ones!!!