Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Lilly's 3 year old Post


I was just going to sit down and write about Barrett at 7 months now, but I then started to feel bad that I still have not done a post for Lilly and all that she is doing at 3 years old. We went to her well-child check up last week and she flipped out...I think she has gone one too many times with me while Barrett has been vaccinated and she was so scared about the possible shot at the end of the visit. Normally when we are there to get B-man checked out, Lilly can't turn off her motor mouth and babbles the doctors ear off so I was a little surprised to see her so scared. She weighed 30 lbs and was 36in tall...both 50%.

It is remarkable how much difference 6 months can make as far as how grown up she seems. When Barrett was born it really felt like I had two babies sometimes. LIlly has really become an excellent big sister. She loves her brother so much. My favorite thing is when she first wakes up in the morning, at first she is groggy and then its like all of a sudden she remembers that she has a little brother and her eyes pop open, she finds him and then says "HIIII BUUUUBBB!!!" the same way every day-LOVE IT!!! She is listening and following directions so much better than before. I think the key for us has been trying really hard to be consistent with discipline and it is definately paying off. She is even such a big girl that some times I will take her to a store with me and let her walk like a big girl...no stoller or cart...its amazing how empowering that is to her, she thinks she is pretty hot stuff. She still loves an audience, although these days if its anyone other than mom, dad, or Barrett they have to not look directly at her while she is performing. She loves loves loves to sing her heart out...still can't make out the words to what she is singing but the tune is clear. Her favorite movies right now are all the Toy Story movies and her Leapfrog Letter Factory and Math to the Moon. She knows all her colors, shapes, and ABC's. She is loving coloring and painting this summer and is still very left handed like her momma. She got a keyboard for her birthday and we now have a constant soundtrack to our lives. She is doing better with sleeping and we still take naps most days(lots of times its at the same time as Barrett's nap and this is pure heaven for me)

She starts preschool in the fall through our school district. Its a free program that she qualified for based on her speech delays. So we are looking forward to that. I just can't wait for other people to understand my little girl and get to see just how smart and wonderful she is.

She still has her moments and continues to be very headstrong but I definately think that this 3rd year is going to be much better than the last. She is a great big sister, and a wonderful daughter....my favorite little girl!!!

No comments: