Sunday, April 3, 2011

Conference Our Way

We started the morning off right with some cinnamon rolls from the can because I don't know how to make the real kind nor do I want to know how...I can only imagine myself finding a reason to make them every weekend...anyway, we had cinnamon rolls and "Aloha" shakes(just pinnaple, bannana, yogurt and ice) for breakfast. Then it was onto the first session. The topics that I heard the most about during the first session were service, listening and acting upon the promptings of the Spirit, and loving one another. We had a little game for Lilly where she would listen for certain words, for example Jesus Christ, and then she would get to put a skittle in the jar. It was amazing how well this worked and even when I didn't think she was listening she would perk up when she heard those certain words. Even words we didn't tell her to listen for spoke to her, for example, one of the speakers said the phrase, "choose the right" and Lilly perked up and said "hey mom, just like you say!" or when she would here our family motto "do your best!" she would say "just like us!!". She loved it when the choir sang "I'm trying to be like Jesus" because she knows and loves that song. I am so grateful that I believed that my kids could be good and listen to conference because I think Lilly really did learn some things and I know that I did.

we set up their little play table front and center and just this change got the kids excited to sit and watch.

Lilly made a collage of things that make her happy...family, cats, dogs, flowers, the temple, brothers, cuddling in her bed.
Now I know swimming is not the best idea for a Sunday, but we were with family enjoying eachother and shoot these kids were so good for morning conference that we had to let them blow off a little steam before the afternoon.





Dried off and back for round two...with some cheesy popcorn to keep these mouths quiet.



Painting was interesting with Barrett, I swear that kid is a bull in a china shop, I needed four more arms :)


Overall, it was a lot of work...but fun work...to keep the kids entertained and occupied but it was definately well worth it.

2 comments:

Aubry said...

Great ideas! I'll be using some of those next time :)

Whitney and Family said...

Cass-what darling ideas! I love them all! We'll have to try some of those next time for sure!!!