It is the end of a very long day. It was a good and bad day all rolled into one.
My parents are in town and staying at the Phoenician Resort. Our plan for today was to get up and drive out there. Hang out with Grandma until Grandpa was done with meetings and then grab lunch and head to the Zoo. We started out on track but hey when you have a 2 year old things never go quite as planned. Lilly was so excited to see grandma (and everyone else staying at the hotel). She couldn't stop babbling on and on. We were only there for 45 min. when we decided to go walk around the hotel. I decided to let Lilly walk like a big girl since she had just been in the car seat for 45min. and didn't feel like sitting in her stroller. Well the elevator door opened and Lilly busted out straight for the gift shop with all kinds of tiny breakable trinkets. I chased after her and got her just in time. She thought this was hilarious as she usually does. She loves to run away from mommy and be silly. Well, I then decided I need to hold on to her hand for fear of another get-a-way. Just then silly Lilly decided to drop to the floor like a limp noodle (and for once this wasn't a tantrum, just lilly being a goof) I knew the minute I looked at her on the floor that something wasn't right with her arm. She wasn't moving her right elbow and she was whimpering a little. I told grandma that Lilly dislocated her elbow and we needed to get to an urgent care to get it relocated. My mom thought that maybe I was just being extra cautious, but I knew. Jon and I had actually been talking about this happening because of the way she will just drop her body while you are holding her hand. So grandma called around and found a urgent care near by. All the while Lilly was sitting in my lap not even crying like such a brave girl. We got to the urgent care only to wait for 3 HOURS for them to tell me what I already knew and pop her elbow (radial head) back into place. As soon as the doctor finished with his handy little maneuver our silly Lilly was back in action. We then went out to eat and back to the hotel for an afternoon of silliness with Grandma and Grandpa. Lilly was such a good girl and I am so proud of her.



3 comments:
That is just crazy! Glad she was so brave about it all. I'm surprised Shalie hasn't broken or dislocated something by now being the crazy child that she is.
That stinks!!! I can't believe you had to wait for 3 hours! I'm glad everything turned out okay. Fun to spend time with your mom, even if it was in the urgent care waiting room!
We just found your blog ... Lilly is darling!! We've actually tried the "leash" type thing with Dallin - huge failure!! Good luck!!
Post a Comment