Friday, August 7, 2009

The Name Game Continued...

Gosh, naming a baby boy is hard! With Lilly we new instantly that we loved her name and got such great reactions from people when we told them what we were naming her. I guess it makes sense because now Lilly (mostly spelled Lily) is in the top 10 most popular names. We should have known we would be starting a trend :)

With a baby boy you want the name to be cute when they are little but strong and masculine when they grow up. We just hate to hear of all the people naming their little girls Lilly so we decided that this time around we want to go for a not-so-popular name. We knew we were going to use Jonathon for the baby's middle name so we didn't want a first name that ended in the "on" sound. Our last name is one syllable so we wanted a name with more than one syllable.

Well, we have finally decided for sure that we will name the baby Barrett.
Barrett Jonathon Hague

We have already started referring to him as Baby Bear and Lilly calls him Bubba (if he is anything like Lilly was as an infant, I think Bubba will fit him perfectly)

3 comments:

Whitney and Family said...

LOVE IT!!! Thanks for finally putting me out of my misery and letting me in on the secret (well, not so secret anymore!)

Steffie said...

YAY!!!! He has a name! So cute!! His room is darling - now this makes the waiting even harder. Hope you are still feeling good and keeping cool! Love the name :)

Aubry said...

Very cute name! And I keep meaning to tell you that I love the paint job in his room. I need to come see it in person. And I didn't have any trouble logging in to see the blog :)