
November 18th 2009 is the day our little family went from three to four. Our little man Barrett Jonathon Hague made his arrival at 2:20pm and weighed 7lbs. 10oz. and was 19 3/4 inches long. He came out screaming and didn't settle down until they swaddled him...that was after he peed on all the nurses.
The day was filled with lots of emotions. From excited, to nervous and anxious, and sad to leave my Lilly girl. Once we were at the hospital things happened quickly and my nerves were put at ease. It seems that on any big occasion Jon and I resort to humor and laughter to get us through the nerves. (I remember cracking jokes on the morning of our wedding right before the ceremony because we were so nervous) So during all the pre-op stuff we were just cracking each other up. They walked me into the OR and I met the nicest anesthesiologist ever. He was so good to talk me through everything. The C-section was awesome, totally relaxed and smooth (nothing like Lilly's). Before we knew it we had our little man in our arms.
All the nurses could not get over his hair. It is a lot more than Lilly's and so adorable. After they got him cleaned up Jon brought him to me and laid him next to me on my pillow. A moment I will never forget, that sweet smell and soft cheek next to mine...precious.
From that moment on I have been in love with Barrett. Jon and I are totally amazed at how easy going he is. He basically eats and sleeps like a champ. He already loves his sister and opens his eyes whenever she is near.
Lilly is doing so well with the adjustment. She is gentle and sweet with her little brother. He is such a good baby that I think there are times that she forgets he is here. Daddy just took Lilly to target and I can hear little man grunting (hardly a cry) so I better go see what he needs. Will update again soon. For now we are just counting out blessing 1, 2, 3, 4...
Enjoy the pics of our special day...



















2 comments:
So precious! He looks amazing-I still can't get over his hair! I'm so glad Lilly is doing well (as well as you and Jon)! What a lucky break to get such a good, beautiful, healthy baby boy! Congrats again-I'm so excited and happy for you!!!
He is adorable! He has tons of hair! Where did you deliver? I wonder if my brother was your anethesiologist. (I can't spell)
Post a Comment