
Well, I figured I had better do a 4 month old post for Barrett before he turns 5 months old :)
The B-man is doing great...happiest baby ever. Seriously making it harder for me to think I am done having kids...if I was promised another one just like him I would do it, but there are no guarantees and if another Lilly came along we would all be in serious trouble. (we love the girl, she just needs a lot of attention)
At four month Barrett is Mr. Chuckles, that's what the pediatrician nick-named him...he really does smile at anyone and anything, he loves "talking" and squealing with delight. He is so good that a lot of the day he is in his bouncer or swing and it is so cute how excited he gets when I bend down to pick him up. He still loves his sister and if he hears her voice he goes crazy looking for her. She is having fun being silly and trying to get Barrett to smile and laugh, it is so fun to see them interacting with each other. He is a little motor maniac, his fine motor skills and gross motor skills are right where his PT mommy and daddy like them. He is ahead of the game with rolling, he can go supine to prone most easily and occasionally the other way too. He is liking tummy time more and can extend his elbows and lift his chest off the floor. Also when I pull him to sitting by his arms (a maneuver that freaks me out ever since we dislocated lillys elbow) he is able to pull his head right along instead of letting it lag behind...this is hard for some 5 month-olds. He still loves to stand on your lap with his strong little legs. He his reaching and grabbing for toys...only to have them ripped from his hands by his lovely big sis. He is putting anything and everything in his mouth and loves to chew on his hands. He ate rice cereal for the first time a couple of nights ago and ate every last bit, hardy even made a mess. Then he slept the whole night thru from 8:30 to 6:30...we've had this success for three nights straight now (hoping it stays this way). So we have officially made it through the newborn stage and now we are on the fun stuff. Watching him learn and grow has been so much fun, we love our little man!!!
4 month stats:
4 month stats:
Weight 17.1lbs....85%
Length 25.5in.....70%
Head 16.75in.......80%


1 comment:
What a sweet boy! I still can't get over his freaking full head of hair!!! I'm glad he's been so lovely for you...I'm hoping for one of those coming up as well! Ya never know what you're going to end up with...
Congrats on making it through the newborn stage-seriously one of the great accomplishments of life!!!!
Post a Comment