Friday, June 11, 2010

The Artist

So I am not sure if all 3 years olds love to paint and color or if this really means that Lilly is artsy. She certainly has a knack for it and enjoys herself so we will just see how far this new phase carries us. Today I made home-made bath tub paints with cornstarch and baby shampoo. Put Lilly in the empty bath tub with just her diaper on and let her loose painting any and every surface she could. It took a lot of self control on my part to not just jump on in with her. It was so fun. She stayed in there for over an hour before telling me she was done. Then we each got a sponge and went to work on the clean up. I think she actually may have enjoyed this part more. The end result was 1 happy/entertained 3 year old, 1 clean bathtub, 1 happy momma!!! We will definitely be painting the tub again this summer. And this has spurred some thoughts like...how can I get every household chore to be this fun so we can really put Lilly to work?!




























1 comment:

Whitney and Family said...

That really does look amazingly fun. What a great idea!!