I was just reminded by my dear husband that Thanksgiving is NEXT WEEK!!! This is the time of year that I measure myself up against my mother more than any other time of year. She is like the ultimate Martha Stewart when it comes to pulling off a Turkey Day feast. She starts a few days early making more pies that 24 people could consume and just keeps on going right up until we finally beg her to come join us at the dinner table. I think back to all the Thanksgivings that I spent enjoying her wonderful cooking and ask myself "why didn't I learn more about how she does it?" I have no idea how to make a pie, cook a turkey, make home made stuffing or gravy. How do you coordinate cooking all of that with just one oven? In the past we have purchased our pre-made dinner from Basha's or relied on family members to do the cooking. I want to do it "all by myself!!" this year, but I don't know how... Are there any of you out there in blogging world that are as inept as myself when it comes to thanksgiving? Do you have any shortcuts that would make the day easier? Help...please!!! Oh, who am I kidding, I'll just call mom!
Picture of my mom cooking...note that I am not paying any attention to what she is cooking, I'm too busy taking pictures, darn it!!!
1 comment:
Jon will help you!
Post a Comment