Tuesday, May 11, 2010

We all SCREAM for ICE CREAM!!!

Well, once again I have been able to return to my childhood through Lilly. Seriously the best part of having kids is watching them enjoy and get excited about the same things that made you giddy when you were little. So, for the past two weeks around 5pm (before dinner for us) we have heard and seen the ice cream truck driving around our neighborhood. I kept telling Jon that this was such a stupid time for the truck to come around because everyone is just getting ready for dinner. But last night we were sitting around the dinner table telling Lilly what a good girl she was for eating all of her dinner and what did we hear...that good old rag-time music that can mean only one thing. I sprang into action, running to the change jar to get some coins, ripping Lilly out of her high chair, grabbing Barrett and telling Jon to hurry up (he thought I had lost my mind). We ran outside just as the truck turned the corner and Jon was ready to pack it up and head back inside...oh no, thats not what you do...you chase that darn truck down. So Lilly and I ran, waving at the truck until he stopped. Hurray!!! Lilly picked out a push-pop ice cream treat and gave the man her "monies". It was so fun...I felt like I was 10 years old again...AWESOME!!! And Lilly thought I was the coolest mom ever!!!!

No comments: